Wednesday 2 December 2009

I'm Bored...

It hasn't been not even two hours since my last post about travel bliss and here I am, feeling utterly bored and for some reason, antsy. My back hurts, my ear hurts from pressing the earphone so hard against my ear to try to hear the sounds coming from the movie Julie and Julia and my bum hurts too and I am getting tired from sitting down. It has only been three hours of driving and am already bored. Can't wait for the stop in Kingston where I can stretch my legs, maybe grab a coffee (would that be a good idea at this time?) and have a cigarette.

The bus tonight seems to have mostly female students traveling who are equipped with their own laptops just like me and who are busy watching, typing away at their screens, just like me. I was thinking about this and technology as I observed the lights coming from the laptop screens here and there scattered along the bus. I was thinking about how convenient life has become, how many ways for us to pass our time and enjoy ourselves and yet, we get bored...Human beings are very whimsical, but it is exactly this that fascinates me...
When bored, philosophize :D

No comments: