Monday 15 November 2010

Moments in days of weeks

Starbucks Moment
"The smooth, velvety feel of cream and coffee meet my tongue, courses through to my throat, then takes over the rest of me. The christmas music coupled with the cozy feeling of sinking into a comfortable armchair lull my mind, make my heart sing with sweet memories. I watch people rush, run by, slapped by the cold wind, aroused by the vivacity of the street. I am thinking of pine trees, warm fireplaces, red lights and reindeer on roofs. Sweet moment in a day of sourness within a week of stress and battles. The moment, within the day, within the week. Hmmm, let me enjoy the taste of it. Let me sip it till the end. Let me look at those girls outside and not wish to be them for a moment. Let me live it, love it, cherish it! This is a starbucks moment. What better ad than this?"

Library Moment
I am reading All Quiet on the Western Front and listening to youtube videos on my laptop. The following, makes me stop and think. This is pure beautiful simple writing. It is the reason why Erich Maria Remarque is my favourite writer. Also, I feel that this paragraph summarizes what the book is about to perfection and shows how innocence can be soiled so easily, how minds can be warped and mangled.

"We are not youth any longer. We don't want to take the world by storm. We are fleeing. We fly from ourselves. From our life. We were eighteen and had begun to love life and the world; and we had to shoot it to pieces. The first bomb, the first explosion, burst in our hearts. We are cut off from activity, from striving, from progress. We believe in such things no longer, we believe in the war." p.81-82


Future Cafe moment
I just discovered the following song. The voice, the music, the lyrics make me love all of it for it seems that they represent me at this moment in time. And, of course, shots of subway tunnels that look like London underground make me reminisce of my time there and my desire to be in the streets of Europe for "life for me was a hot ride after the other, couple dates, couple lovers and a couple wild night with you, life for me is about all the chances we're taking, all the love we're making, and I wanna make love with you."

No comments: