Wednesday 4 July 2007

Tirana Year Zero

I thought of dedicating this blog to the movie that I watched yesterday which deeply touched me. However, the movie inspired me to actually dedicate this to the earth where I drew my first breath, the place where I first walked, and the air where I uttered my first word; Albania. I am not a patriot; on the contrary, I have a constant love-hate relationship (shifting more on the hate, but shhtt, I don't want the Albanians to hear me) with this part of the world which I am forced to call it home. I am no longer an Albanian as now I wear the title of Canadian citizen; however, this place still comprises the bigger part of my personality and soul since I spent there 15 years of my life, from birth till teenagehood. Most people do not know Albania and I do not blame them. I don't know very well most of the countries in Africa either (which is quite shameful on my part since I'm majoring in geography, but shtt, don't let my professors hear you).

No comments: