Tuesday 24 July 2007

Appalled and Saddened

Today, as any other day when I would do some research on Saudi Arabia or any other Arabic country, I found articles, videos and documentaries that not only appalled, but truly opened my eyes to how fortunate we are to live in a democratic society where the biggest problems revolve around what to do for fun next and how to cope with debt. Meanwhile, thousands of miles away, thousands of people are being murdered, tortured and massacred just for their religion. We choose to stay ignorant? I don't think so. It is hard to find the courage and the stomach to get informed on such subjects as the torturing in Iraq or in Darfur. I found a shocking documentary that shows how the Shia torture Sunnis and how the war in Iraq is maybe not bloody because of Americans, but because of opportunists long awaiting the opportunity to turn Iraq into another Shia state like Iran. The fact that the documentary was done by a British journalist and the facts and interviews included in the documentary are enough to convince me of its credibility. I really don't know what the answer to these tribulations can be. I really do not know how one can convince another to not kill due to religious differences. I really don't know how people can be so cruel....

This is the link: http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-377952052252839443&total=70&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=4

No comments: