Monday 15 October 2012

Colour Me Green

Green, used to be my favourite colour in high school...chose it as a career in university, then somewhere in the maze of life, I got lost and believed it was not possible as a destination. Now Green has re-appeared in my life and with it, hope. But, Green is also still far-fetched, still a dream. My background is Geography, more accurately, Geography and Earth Sciences with a Special Focus on Urban Planning. In reality, I have no such focus. The focus was more of the type of classes I was taking in my last year of university. Then I added my minor of Economics which I then turned into a major, something that still requires me to finish one class for me to be eligible for my B.A. My academic failures are being felt, even more so now in my desire to change or define a career path. I would like to pursue a master's but who would accept me with such marks? And to find a job in the sustainability market seems as feasible as flying to the moon. Or is it? Canada talks of a growing green job market, but U.S. seems the real force behind it. What do I do, o-internet-world? How do I approach this? How do I win this? I hope Green can answer...

In retrospect, I wish I had never fallen in love and that I had actually stayed for my OAC year. But alas, we cannot change the past, only the present. And my present, seems adamant to want to stay stagnant...despite my many futile attempts.


No comments: